I am currently an Associate Professor at the School of Information Systems at Singapore Management University.
Research in my group focusses on developing intelligent agent systems that perform dynamic matching of supply and demand, so as to improve quality of life metrics. Most of these systems are motivated by urban environments and have concrete applications in Transportation, Emergency Response, Entertainment, Energy, and Security. Our contributions are at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research, Machine Learning and Behavioral Economics.
My CV here: (PDF)
- I will be leading the CARE.AI research lab at SMU. Akshat Kumar, Arunesh Sinha and Mai Anh Tien are also part of the lab.
- Our project on trustworthy AI for training non-expert humans awarded a multi-million grant (~6.1 million SGD). I am the principal investigator for the project.
- Our project on collaborative AI for situated assistance awarded a grant (~1.2 million SGD). I am heading the effort on multi-agent robust decision making.
- I am working with the AI for Social Good team at Google as a visiting researcher.
- Our paper on high capacity real-time ride sharing was awarded the best application paper award at ICAPS 2019.
- I now serve on the AISingapore (https://www.aisingapore.org) Scientific Committee.
- We (School of Information Systems) were awarded the strategic partner award by Singapore Civil Defense Force, due to our deployed system on Dynamic Resource Optimization (DRO)for SCDF.
- I was a panelist on the Channel News Asia show on Responsible AI
- We were awarded the best demo award at AAMAS 2018.
- Two of my students (Tanvi Verma and Meghna Lowalekar) are awarded the SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship for AY 2018-2019
- My PhD student Meghna Lowalekar is awarded the SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship for AY 2017-2018
- Two of our papers on minimizing regret in uncertain MDPs and sequential matching in bike sharing systems accepted in Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR).
- Our commentary on AI for bike sharing published in TODAY news: link
Awarded the Ministry of Education Tier 2 Grant for our proposal on "Moving Beyond Data Insights: Optimizing Dynamics in Safety and Security Networks". Jan 2017 - Dec 2019
Awarded grants from Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore on Safety and Security Issues. August 2016 - July 2018
SMU coverage of my research : link
Invited to give the Early Career Spotlight talk at IJCAI-16: link
Elected to the IFAAMAS Board: link
Awarded Lee Kong Chian Fellowship for 2016.
My PhD student Supriyo Ghosh is awarded the SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship for AY 2016-2017