- Data and multimedia security
- Mobile, wireless and sensor network security
- Trusted computing and system security
Honors and Awards
- University Outstanding Researcher, National University of Singapore, 1999
- Lee Kuan Yew Fellow for Research Excellence, Singapore Management University, 2006
- Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Community Service Star and Showcased Senior Information Security Professional, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)2), 2010
- Distinguished Paper Award, the 19th Annual Network & Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS 2012), USA, 2012
- Best Paper Award, the 13th Joint IFIP TC6 & TC11 Conference on Communications and Multimedia Security (CMS 2012), UK, 2012
Recent Professional Activities
- Associate Editor,
IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (2012-), IEEE
- Editorial Board,
International Journal of Multimedia Intelligence and Security (2009-), Inderscience
- Associate Editor,
IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (2009-2012), IEEE
- Associate Editor,
Security and Communication Networks, Wiley
- Information Security Area Editor,
Journal of Computer Science and Technology (2006-), Science Press, China and Springer
- Editorial Board, Advances in Cryptology and Information Security Series (2005-), IOS Press
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (2005-), InderScience Publishers
- PC Co-chair (2007), Member of Steering Committee (2007-2011), & Co-chair of Steering Committee (2012), ACM Symposium on InformAtion, Computer and Communications Security (AsiaCCS)
- PC Co-Chair (2010, 2012) & Steering Committee, Information Security Practice and Experience Conference (ISPEC)
- General Co-Chair (2009, 2010) & Steering Committee, International Conference on Trusted Systems (Intrust)
- TPC Co-Chair (2009, 2010), International Conference on Multimedia Information NEtworking and Security (MINES)
- Keynote speech, "Access Control of Encrypted Data in Untrusted Servers ",
4th International Symposium on Cyberspace Safety and Security (CSS 2012),
12-13 December 2012, Melbourne, Australia.
- Keynote speech, "Detecting Node Clones in Wireless Sensor Networks ",
6th International ICST Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks(SecureComm 2010),
7-9 September 2010, Singapore.
- Keynote speech, "RFID privacy models and a minimal condition",
The 5th China International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (INSCRYPT 2009),
12-15 December 2009, Beijing, China.
- Keynote speech, "Scalable end-to-end multimedia content authentication techniques",
2009 International Conference on Multimedia Information NEtworking and Security (MINES 2009),
18-20 November 2009, Wuhan, China.
- Keynote speech, "The future of password",
the 19th Cryptology and Information Security Conference,
4-5 June, 2009, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Keynote speech, "Scalable authentication techniques compatible with modern multimedia coding standards",
The 4th Information Security Practice and Experience Conference (ISPEC2008),
21-23 April, 2008, Sydney, Australia.
Current PhD Students
Graduated Master & PhD Students
- Yong LI, " Study of host computer's multimedia capacities by using an object-oriented simulation environment", M.Eng Thesis, National University of Singapore. 1995.
- Hongjun WU, "Novel quantum encryption schemes for secure data transmission and storage", M.Eng Thesis, National University of Singapore, 1999.
- Zheng YAN, " A smart card based off-line electronic cash payment system with fair transactions", M.Eng Thesis, National University of Singapore, 1999.
- Xinkai WANG, " Robust digital signature for image authentication", M.Sc Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2000.
- S. P. T. KRISHNAN, " Secure digital content distribution", M.Sc Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2001.
- Chunfu TAN, " Secure internet applications", M.Sc Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2001.
- Zhiguo WAN, " Authentication and key establishment in wireless networks", PhD Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2006.
- Yanjiang YANG, " Ensuring data security and individual privacy in health care systems", PhD Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2006.
- Bo ZHU, " Security and privacy for large ad-hoc networks", PhD Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2006.
- Jin HAN, "
Novel techniques of using diversity in software security and information hiding ", PhD Thesis, National University of Singapore, 2012.